Thursday, May 12, 2016

My #8 Favorite Nail Polish for 2016...

The Hills!!


This polish is from the new Target polish line Defy and Inspire that launched the beginning of this year. I did a review of this brand, if you are interested in watching it click here. :) The formula is thick and honestly can be just a little tricky to work with, but the final results are so good! Because it is thick it is opaque in two coats and it builds up to look like a gel polish, and I LOVE that! The swatch below is two coats. 


Don't you just love this gorgeous light and bright coral color?! 

Apparently so did everyone else! This same color was released in the new OPI and Essie spring collections this year. When comparing them the colors are almost exact but, the formulas are quite different. I picked this color for my favorites this spring because I felt like I needed to represent this brand. I have loved every polish I have tried so far (which is about 8). I could have easily picked Lounge Lover by Essie because the formula on that one is just as good. Got Myself Into A Jam-balaya by OPI takes three coats to be opaque and the formula slightly leans more jelly. But, honestly I think you would be happy if you chose any of them. :) And I threw in Essie Cute As A Button so you can see how much lighter they are compared to it.




I chose a simple criss cross design for this. (I needed something a little less time consuming after my last design :)) Do you think you might try your hand at this design?



Here are the supplies I used to create this design:



Click on the link below for the full length tutorial. *If you recreate this design use #gopolishednails in Instagram so I can see it!


Interested in seeing all my other favorite spring polishes for 2016? Watch my video- 

-Go Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment