Tuesday, May 3, 2016

My #6 Favorite Spring Polish for 2016...



Glorious green! My favorite color :). This is a hunter green but it leans more blue than yellow which in my opinion is more flattering. This polish is new from the Essie Spring 2016 collection. (I reviewed the entire collection if you want to watch my review here.) It seems a little strange to have this color in a spring collection, but I was so excited to see it! I knew it would be one of my favorites.

  It is opaque in one easy coat. It's such a rich, dark, pigmented color, which means that yes, it does stain some. I only noticed the staining on my cuticles and dryer areas of my skin though. I wore it for 5 days with a base coat underneath and it did not yellow my nails-just so you are aware.  And, I did have some chipping on the third day as well, but I did paint on my layers pretty thick. I do paint my nails about every 3-4 days though, so that's really not an issue for me.)
 The swatch below is two coats.



Here are my comparisons. As you can see it is more blue toned, which I feel makes is more appropriate for spring and summer. It is much lighter than Stylenomics, which can look almost black. Zoya Hunter seems more appropriate for fall because it is more yellow toned, but by-golly you can wear any color anytime you want :).


I wanted to do a little edgier look for this polish because it has that edgy feel which is kinda fun to pull off sometimes. So went for some geometrics and I really love any design with negative space. It's just so cool. If you don't have the nail vinyls I used to create this design, try cutting strips of masking tape. 


Here are the supplies I used to create this look:

Click on the link below for the full length tutorial. *If you recreate this design I want to see it!! Use #gopolishednails in Instagram so I can see it. Do you think you will give this design a try?!


-Go Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment