Saturday, January 21, 2017

My #9 Favorite Winter Polish for 2016 is...

My Pal Joey!!


I love this rich blue polish from the OPI Hello Kitty Collection that was released in early spring of 2016. It's a blue with just touch of purple. It has a great formula and is opaque in two easy coats. Wow! Look a that swatch. She's a stunner. Not much else to say about her.


When I first bought this polish I really wanted to see how this compared to other bright blues in my collection. (Please note that my bright light can make even the smallest differences apparent. In darker light they are all pretty similar.)

When compared to Essie Butler Please you can see that BP is slightly more purple and not quite as bright as MPJ. I really was most curious to see how it compared to my all time favorite blue- Pacific Blue from Sally Hansen (org. formula). They are pretty close, but PB is a touch brighter and is slightly more purple toned as well. Sally Hansen reformulated the formula of PB and the ones you can purchase now are horrible, the original formulated polishes are now discontinued :(! So, if you didn't get your hands on the original PB polish, My Pal Joey is a great alternative. And lastly, RG & PB is quite a bit lighter, but pretty much the same shade of blue. 


I went with an abstract design and it really is SO easy to create. I have been enjoying this mani quite a bit, and would love to see it done with a different color palette as well. I will have to do it again with different colors later. What do you think about this design?


Click on the link below for the full length tutorial. You can go polished too!


*If you recreate this design use #inspiredbygopolished in Instagram so I can see it!

-Go Polished


No comments:

Post a Comment