Saturday, November 7, 2015

My #10 Favorite Fall Polish for 2015...



I have tried several navy polishes and I always seem to go back to this one. Some are too metallic and some are so dark they look black. When I am in the mood for navy I want a creamy one that looks navy in any light and one that has a slight dusty tone. This polish is all of those things. 


Not to mention it is a one coater! I always like to apply two though. The swatch above is just one coat. First Mate is a thick polish that applies so nicely and doesn't flood your cuticles. It's one of those colors that doesn't look all that exciting in the bottle but, when you swatch it you are like..."Dang, now that's a pretty color". Warning: if you wear this polish you will stare at your nails all day long. :) 


Essie Bobbing for Baubles is a pretty deep grayed out dusty blue which looks much darker when on the nails. OPI I Saw, You Saw, We Saw, Warsaw is not quite a true blue, is much darker and less creamy than First Mate. I love all of these polishes but, when I really just want a straight up navy polish I always grab First Mate.


I love this quatrefoil design! It truly looks like a stencil but, you might be surprised to find that I created this design using only dotting tools. It really is so simple! Anyone can do it with a little practice. (By the way, I always practice new designs on paper or a paper plate before attempting them on my finger nails).


Click on the link below for the full length, easy to follow tutorial. Please make sure to give me thumbs up and subscribe to my channel. It would really help a girl out. :)

Nail Tutorial: Quatrefoil Nail Design
*If you recreate this design by following my tutorial, please use #gopolishednails in Instagram so I can see your nails!


-Go Polished


No comments:

Post a Comment